Glory To God!
I opened the mail two days ago and was SO excited to see the new Glory To God: The Presbyterian Hymnal: A Sampler! The new hymnal will be out in the Fall of 2013, but this is the 2nd (and larger) sampler being mailed to every PCUSA congregation in the US! It was so exciting to sit down and sing through things (which Chris and I did together immediately upon receiving it). I am so humbled to be a part of the creation of this new hymnal. What an amazing project, an amazing committee of colleagues and friends I have worked with, and what a gift to the church I know this will be.
The sampler contains The Service for The Lord's Day and Evening Prayer liturgies (in the front as they will be in the front of the hymnal), 43 of the hymns and songs that will be in the hymnal and the full title list in the back.
You can request copies at: www.presbyterianhymnal.org. You can get accompaniments for the unison songs included in the sampler at: www.presbyterianhymnal.org/sampler.html
I am also grateful that David Eicher, the editor for the project, and the committee members included a "poem" that I wrote on this blog in the introduction. I literally wrote it in 5 minutes and it is from the heart.
As the song says, "The best is yet to come"!



No comments:
Post a Comment